Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winxp Blocking Ftp Uploads Please Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:22 AM

Hello, so this is a little hard to explain so I will try my best. When trying to upload a file with FTP on this laptop to web server it uploads and says the file size is 0 bytes. That is at house1. When I go to house2 and use the laptop it works fine.
When I use another laptop at house1 and upload a file to the same web server same file it works fine. So that means its not an
internet problem and its not a web server problem. It has to be a problem with the laptop. But the laptop works on other networks? Why not the network at house1? the laptop is the only one that does not work there....

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:36 PM

What FTP client program are you using to upload?

I want to say at first glance that your firewall is blocking upload traffic on the FTP port. But not absolutely sure. Try turning off your Windows Firewall and then uploading the file. See what happens. Also, if you using a wireless router, there may be a setting on the router's firewall that is blocking traffic on the FTP port specifically when you use that laptop.

Try turning off the Windows Firewall and see if that doesn't alleviate the problem.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

#3 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:23 PM

tried turning off the firewall I check the settings FTP is on. No problem with the wireless router I tried another laptop works fine.
The laptop with the issue works fine on another wireless network.

the program is filezilla, I tried other programs before

Edited by PoweredByGoogle, 21 November 2007 - 01:33 PM.

#4 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:58 PM

It has nothing to do with the network since other computers work on it.

But its odd the same laptop works on another network but not this one....

It gets internet connection but cant upload FTP but it can at other homes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users