Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just A Few Questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 not_anyone

not_anyone

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

I have a program f-secure. Does anyone know anything about this service, the reason I say service its from my internet provider. I haven't heard any thing about them and just wondered if I have enough protection. It has anti-virus,spyware spam control a firewall and parent controls. I have the windows firewall and defender and malware from microsoft. Can you have to much on your machine? When I go into the help and support on my computer I check the error log. I see f-secure timed out doing antivirus scan may network to busy. I see errors like this all the time. I wondered if I should make f-secure know about these errors. One time my firewall quit.
Another question all of these free scans to check your computer out for anti-virus and malware are these safe? Guess this about all.

not_anyone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:10 PM

F-Secure is legit if that's what you're asking. You might want to look into the timing out issue. Maybe there are known issues with F-Secure. The Windows firewall & Defender aren't strong enough to give decent protection. You should probably download a couple more spyware scanners like AVG Anti Spyware & Super Anti Spyware and use them as on demand scanners. Also you might want to try an online virus scanner as a backup like Eset.

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:03 PM

Hi not_anyone

The first part of this article contains recommended and safe online scans - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

More info here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/1628/simple-steps-to-keep-your-computer-secure/

If you have more queries, please post back.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#4 not_anyone

not_anyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

I put alot of this on my computer before and it really messed it up had to completely clean it up. I am checking with f-secure about those errors. I am still kinda curious about like pitstop,registry scans, are they safe or do they add unwanted files. I have used housecall before. Thanks for this forum it really is helping me alot. Nothing wrong with learning.
Not_anyone

#5 not_anyone

not_anyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:52 AM

I was told not to start a new forum if my question pertained to the same matter. OK I went to hijackthis and ran the scan and of course I don't know if there is anything wrong with my computer. So I saved the scan results and I looked at them and dummy here did not know what she was looking at, and has know idea what any of it is. The good thing is all I did was save the scan, I hope. So what do I do now with the results.

Not_anyone

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:35 PM

Interpretation of HJT logs should be left to people with a very specific skill set, such as our volunteer HJT Team here at BC. Read this guide for instructions for submitting your log, and remember that once you do submit it, you will need to refrain from making any changes to your computer that might invalidate the data the log provides:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users