Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Settings Will Not Stay Changed.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MikeSessa

MikeSessa

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:27 PM

OK new to me computer with vista ultimate 2 gig ram, intel quad core at 2.4, nvidia 8800 gtx sli ed. Put a new wide screen monitor on 28 " hanns-g 1080p. Well then I put my ms intellimouse in and installed the ms vista mouse software. Problem is I can go into control panel and change the speed of my mouse cursor and it's good for the session. If I log off or restart the mouse speed setting has revereted. The speed won't stay changed. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out! I am logged in as administrator when changing the mouse - same thing won't stay changed. Any ideas? Is this somehow a user profile issue in which vista won't let me keep the change as it might affect other users? What would I have to do to make the mouse speed stay changed?

Can I edit the registry key for the mouse speed directly?

Or do I need to mess with permissions or something - maybe a stupid question?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by MikeSessa, 18 November 2007 - 07:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:22 PM

Did you install the Intellimouse software using the Run as administrator option?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 MikeSessa

MikeSessa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:14 PM

No I didn't. I was logged on as admin. I simply navigated to the folder where the ms download file was and launched it directly. I was unaware that logitech had an installation as well and as I recall when the intellimouse software was installing it couldn't finish until it removed the other mouse driver etc which I thought it did. After I noticed this slow mouse problem I went into the control panel and disabled the logitech mouse and then removed the driver so I wouldn't have a conflict potential. I then went and attempted an add or remove of the logitech software which I thought it did. Perhaps I have this thing screwed up already - eh.

Question - do you think Vistas user account control UAC is preventing a permanent change? I have monitored the registry value and seen the mouse sensitivity change from 10 slow - middle of the slider to 20 after moving the slider to fast. The sensitivity key value goes from 10 to 20. Log off and back on and the value is back to 10 slow.

Edited by MikeSessa, 19 November 2007 - 08:31 PM.

#4 MikeSessa

MikeSessa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

Well I downloaded and reinstalled the logitech keyboard and mouse software and all appears good now. I really liked my ms intellimouse it was comfortable. Now I'm relearning. Damned keyboard was causing my forum typing to jump up and down. Couldn't figure that out either til just now. Damned zoom control was getting touched by my left pinky every time I hit the spacebar. Go figure. Zoom is cool now that I used it - LOL! Thanks guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users