Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Firewall & Svchost.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Allen.H

Allen.H

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:07 PM

I have been having problems with Comodo Firewall and svchost.exe recently. Comodo was throwing up about 20 popups which all needed clicking on to allow. On visiting their forums I found this answer
Actual application rule settings to eliminate the issue:

Application: C:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe - you need to browse for it, it won't let you type it
Parent:C:\windows\system32\services.exe - ditto
Action: allow
ProtocoL: TCP
Direction: Out
Destination IP: Any
Destination Port: 3396
Miscellaneous: Skip advanced security checks, Allow invisible connections

It seems to have worked for me and I post this for members who might get the same problem

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 18 November 2007 - 07:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:08 AM

That would seem to me to be a not very safe rule. It's allowing spooling to go out anywhere, any IP address. Can't it be limited to the trusted network? I'm not familiar with how Comodo works (browsing for exe name is as it should be though), but I would think limiting a totally open outgoing spooling would not be something I'd want to do. SVCHOST does need to act as a server of sorts but not all over the internet. Just my opinion :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users