Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gracey999

gracey999

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:47 AM

I recently purchased a bare bones pc without the OS because I was told that if I knew someone with windows xp I could install their OS onto the new pc. My son let me use his which he got when he purchased a Gateway pc. But when we installed it we received a message to call an 800 number within 30 days. We did and they asked us for a bunch of codes and when we repeated the codes, we got a message that MS did not recognize these codes and then "they" wiped out my daughter's hard drive. Is it because only my son can use the XP OS on his Gateway? thank you.

Also, where is the best place to purchase MS ME OS.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SaxonManFinland

SaxonManFinland

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:55 AM

Ummmmmmm :thumbsup:

MS only allow you to use their Product on ONE PC (for Normal Home Users, not Multi party License etc etc etc.

When you called them you admitted you were trying to use it twice. NAUGHTY YOU !!!

CANNOT believe they Wiped your disc though???????????

That is incredible Illegal............Because you HAD NOT actually loaded their software twice...........You Only tried. CONTACT THEM, they will put you right or probably deny all knowledge.

Go to ebay and try to buy Legal Copy of XP

:flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users