Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Onboard Network Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DVtriple6

DVtriple6

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Location:Inside my computer trying to figure out what things are
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:49 AM

So yesterday my dad lend me the bucks for Vista but it doesn't detect my PCI network card (?) and I thought.. "Fine.. I'll just boot up in XP and download Nforce drivers for Vista and my onboard" which I didn't because I thought my PCI card would work.

All I had was one connection saying "network cable is unplugged" while it was in the PCI card and hooking it up on the onboard didn't do any good. While the onboard doesn't work in XP with drivers anymore I'm guessing Vista will be no different. I've done some google searches and there are just a lot of BS from uninstalling SP2 to installing patches, I hardly think that will help as the card used to work on previous installations of XP with SP2 and without those patch(es).

When I try the onboard in XP thats when I'm getting the limited or no connection bs while the PCI card works fine.

My motherboard is ECS C51GM-M (overclocked FSB but I hardly think that matters also)

I also installed Vista while overclocked becasue I forgot to go stock, can this be why?

I'm downloading Vista drivers for Nforce and I'm gonna try installing those but as I said the onboard wont work in XP on it's drivers anymore and I have no idea what PCI network card I have which runs fine on XP's generic drivers. I'm also gonna try to remove the PCI card before I boot in Vista and see if Vista is just... "confused.."

Help! :trumpet: :thumbsup:
A premature thank you so much.

(BTW I got Vista Ultimate x86 in English)

(Am I being confusing?)

EDIT: Still no connection in Vista with any of my cards and I still have to use my PCI card for XP

PLEASE PLEASE help me :flowers:

EDIT: Now this is where I'm at in both XP and Vista

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by DVtriple6, 18 November 2007 - 03:00 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 slingroland

slingroland

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:04 PM

Before you try to do any connecting, I would have one of the nic's disabled - or as you said, remove the card. Finding drivers for your motherboard to work with vista would be the next step. If the only problem is being unable to use the onboard nic (all other hardware shows no problems in the device manager) and you can't find the new vista drivers, then you will need to see if the add-on pci nic has available vista drivers (you can look at the card to find the make and model to search for them properly) - make sure you disable the onboard nic to prevent any conflicts. But at this point, it just sounds like a driver problem. Hope this will help at least get you on the right track.

#3 DVtriple6

DVtriple6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

I appreciate you trying to help me buddy but I have the drivers, I have tried removing the PCI and Vista detects it but like XP it will now give me limited connection.

Look at OP for updates (I'll attach screenys)
Posted Image

#4 DVtriple6

DVtriple6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

I fixed it myself. I tried to set static IP again and now the onboard works in both XP and Vista :thumbsup:

I'm writing this so that others can see that it fixed my limited or no connection issues, strangely it didn't work the first time though.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users