Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Helpctr.exe / Ccpxysvc.exe Problems On Both Computers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Prasnan

Prasnan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:04 AM

Hi Everybody,
I joined just now. I came upon this forum while searching for a solution / remedy for my problem on Google search.

I have 2 things troubling my laptop and Desktop - hence me !!

1) Laptop - runing XP home - on booting the machine simply keep running for sometime and 70-95 windws of 'Help' or 'Helpctr.exe' error popups appear. Whenever I tyr to click anything (including Taskmanager, Start menu) more Helpctr popups appear.
I cannot do anythin on my laptop.. please suggest a remedy.

2) Desktop - running XP Home - CCPXYSVC.EXE takes up 98-99 % of CPU hence slowing down everything else. What do I do about this ?

Any help suggested is appreciated. Thanks..

Prasnan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:44 AM

Hi prasnan and welcome to BleepingComputer.

The first problem, it sounds like you have an infection, I've seen a trojan produce this. See if you can get into safe mode and then run scans with you security programs.

You second problem is Norton. CCPXYSVC.EXE is Common Client Proxy Service which is in the Norton firewall. I tried to find an article which has some suggestion for a solution but didn't see anything in my short search. Perhaps someone else here will be more familiar with the quirks of Norton's firewall.

Edited by dc3, 18 November 2007 - 05:55 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users