Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing Anti-virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lazlopitt

lazlopitt

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

Hey all, Going to try a new anti-virus. Do I need to uninstall my existing one before I download the new one? Also should I clean the vault? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:52 PM

Download the new one with your present AV turned on and functional. Once you have completed the download, disconnect from the internet, and then uninstall the old AV, restart if necessary, and then install the new one. reconnect to the net and update the new anti virus program. When you uninstall the old av, it should ask if you wish to remove the vault.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users