Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Connect Remotely Through Vpn Tunnel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 slingroland

slingroland

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:43 PM

I recently had to reinstall XP pro due to a hard drive failure. I need to be able to connect remotely to another computer for work and use VPN to achieve this, with remote desktop. I have set up the VPN client on my computer as it was before, and can connect through VPN without any problems. The problems are with the remote desktop application. I know all the information in order to connect properly, I have talked with the network admin to second check this, and yet still unable to connect. I try to ping the computer I need to connect to, but without any response. I have read up as much as I can find on the settings for remote desktop and not able to find anything that has worked. I have updated my computer to all current versions available. My network admin is able to connect remotely to the computer I need to connect with without any problems, so I know it's with my computer. He worked with me on the phone for a bit, but was unable to find the problem either.

One interesting point that I found was that under the 'About' section of remote desktop says 'Network Level Authentication not supported' - I'm not sure if I need to be actually connected before this changes to being supported or not, but is the only thing different from what I can find from another computer that is different. It is version 6.0.

I can connect remotely from work but not from home - again my home network allows me to connect to VPN without issues, and I have no problems getting on the internet. I have tried turning off all firewalls, but without any results. I am unable to change the programs I use to connect. Any help would be appreciated, ask any questions that may help remedy this situation. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 babe hacker

babe hacker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:41 AM

Hi friend! check your ISP , whether your ISp is supporting for VPN service.

#3 slingroland

slingroland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

Well, I was able to get ahold of a newer version of VPN - and it worked without any further issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users