Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted Vista Sound Drivers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spigon

Spigon

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:53 PM

I accidently deleted some of my vista sound software. Now my computer does not have sound worse of all I am not sure what I deleted. I believe it may be that i deleted sigmatel high def codec but thar may not be the only problem, becasue I deleted like several sound software (thought most of them were players). I have a sony labtop model PCG-8Y2L can anyone help. If it is the sigmatel then can you list a site with the software download for vista 32-bit. If not can anyone list windows vista starting application/software.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Spigon

Spigon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

I just added a sigmatel but not sure it compatible also my sound still doesnt work here a link to a pic of my softwares.

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

Hi spigon

Not sure if this will help you, but press the Windows logo key + Pause/Break to bring up System Properties. Choose Hardware/Device Manager and look for any exclamation marks. You may find some clues there.

Also, if you right click My Computer/Manage/Event Viewer, you may see something relevant there.

Good luck.

(Edit: You should remove the old Java Update 6.2.)

Edited by rowal5555, 17 November 2007 - 06:32 PM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:58 PM

Removed link to your website. A list of your installed software is meaningless. Have you tried system restore?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users