Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What tutorials do you want to see?

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#256 Blue_Two

Blue_Two

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

I think everyone is confused about IoT security. Specifically:

-how do I identify devices on my network?

-how can I check the security of each device?

I was feeling pretty smug about no webcams, thermostats, DVRs, etc. Then I realized I have a SmartTV and an internet connected Home Theatre receiver. Heck, even my BluRay player is connected. So how do I secure these devices?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#257 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

I'd love a basics of how to read bsod or soon to be gsod mini dumps and how to go about solving the issue or is that very complex and to long winded?

I have been looking at Blue Screen View and sysnative BSOD collection app but I don't get what to do with the info where to get my anwsers apart from google but that gives a hail of answers or none.

Thank you :)

#258 Anon.

Anon.

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

I'd love a basics of how to read bsod or soon to be gsod mini dumps and how to go about solving the issue or is that very complex and to long winded?

I have been looking at Blue Screen View and sysnative BSOD collection app but I don't get what to do with the info where to get my anwsers apart from google but that gives a hail of answers or none.

For a start, you can visit Faultwire which has a comprehensive list of Blue Screen errors along with explanations, possible causes and solutions.

Also you can post right in this forum with specific issues for specialized support this way: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

#259 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

I more wanted to learn how to diagnose them than have an issue with one but thank you. I learnt that the error message you get can mean many things and have learnt how to open all the mini dump files with specific tools but want to learn how to read and get to the bottom of what they mean.

Thanks though appreciated

#260 Anon.

Anon.

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

You're welcome, the first link I mentioned does have the diagnoses and explanations as you are seeking.

Here's another couple of good resources:

Microsoft TechNet

http://www.pcgamer.com/blue-screen-of-death-survival-guide-every-error-explained

#261 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:15 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users