Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lemmegetatthat

lemmegetatthat

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:27 PM

Hey

I just got a OLE warning that my objectdock may be hijacking my firefox, or vice versa cant remember. anyway, i denied it and now i can get online with firefox.
how the heck do i undo that, i dont see any options

this is my second day using the firewall so im a noob, but i thought it would be easier. with mcafee all i had to do was check or uncheck a box.
it seems with comodo once u make a change u have to live with it.

any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dryver

Dryver

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:27 PM

Hi lemmegetatthat, It's been 10 days since your post and I can't believe nobodys answered, there's tons of Comodo users out there. And I know that I'm not the most qualified to help you, but, I used to have Comodo, and if I remember right, if you "didn't" check "remember my answer" it should just have popped up again at a later point in time, in any case you should be able to make changes to your decisions under "application monitor" just find what your looking for and right click and select "allow". I'm betting you have already figured this out, and since I don't have Comodo right in front of me, I'm not 100% sure of the lingo that I've used, but maybe this will help point you towards a solution, good luck...

#3 lemmegetatthat

lemmegetatthat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

well, i read on the comodo forum that as long as i didnt check the remember box, all id have to do was restart the firewall, and that worked.

but now im worried about what will happen if i do check the box and deny/accept and app. How do i undo the decision?

i would have did it thru the application monitor, but i did not see the thing that i denied. every app was allowed, so i didnt know where to find the one that was denied

#4 Dryver

Dryver

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

Glad to here that,, maybe when you do check the remember box, that might be when it's recorded in the application monitor, just guessing.. I quit Comodo when it couldn't remember my rules anymore, it got real bad at that for some reason, unknown to me, but I was constantly having to "remember & allow" everything from my default mail handler to my browser and everything inbetween, I heard there was a new version coming out that would address this, I'm waiting.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:10 PM

You can download the manual for Comodo from here L@@K ,it's a pdf
You may want to look at Understanding Alerts,starts on pg 26

Dryver where do you see 10 days?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Dryver

Dryver

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:14 PM

Ah crap, my bad, I was looking at the date that letmegetatthat joined, sorry 'bout that, not the brightest bulb on the tree here..

#7 lemmegetatthat

lemmegetatthat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:18 AM

Thanks guys, and thanks Boopme for all the help

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:14 PM

You're welcome. Comodo does have a large learning curve but seems to me to work well once it knows you.
Yes a new version will be out soon.

Not a problem Dryver.

See you in the forums
boopme

Edited by boopme, 18 November 2007 - 01:15 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

New Version of Comodo out today.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users