Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lost Home Page

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Trudy2_*

Guest_Trudy2_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:28 PM

This is probably a stupid question ----How do I keep my home page on the taskbar?I have a hp
presario & use windows xp2. It disappears every time I click on to something else. Is there a setting
I didn't set? I'd appreciate any help, Trudy2 :thumbsup:

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 17 November 2007 - 02:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:25 PM

I believe you want a link to open in a new window. There's a setting to do that permanently, but For the life of me I can't remember it at the moment. You can right-click on the link and choose open in new window, or hold the shift key and click on the link. I'm sure someone else will post a permanent solution if I don't get back
Mark
Which browser are you using?

Edited by garmanma, 17 November 2007 - 03:30 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:41 AM

If i understand your question properly, what you are trying to do is force any new links to open in a new window, so that your original window with your home page does not switch to the link that you just clicked. I would check into the Internet Options applet.

You can reach it from the Control Panel or from within Internet Explorer.

I'm currently running Internet Explorer 7.0, which utilizes the tabbed browser functionality. Not sure which version of Internet Explorer you are using but if it is not IE 7.0, then the tabbed browsing feature is a moot point for you.

At any rate, to get to the Internet Options applet, depending on your Start Menu settings, you can do one of the following:

Start >> Control Panel >> Internet Options

OR

Start >> All Programs >> Internet Explorer

OR

Start >> Internet Explorer >> Tools (Alt + T or Point and click Tools) >> Internet Options

That will bring up the Internet Options applet. From there, you want to look for the setting that will indicate something to the effect of "Open links from other programs in:" there should be a check box or radio button so that you can select to open new links in a "new window".
Check into it and see if that doesn't reach the desired end.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users