Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wacom Tablet & Pen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:00 PM

This is embarrassing, but.... I never got around to even thinking about changing the nib in my pen until it started scratching the working surface of my Wacom. :thumbsup: Now it's worn down so far that I can't get tweezers or pliers around it to pull it out. (Actually, I'd think that as clever as the Wacom is, there'd be a better way to change the nib.)

Should I just give up on it and buy a new pen? The pad should probably be replaced, too, if Wacom provides that service. I haven't called tech support there yet because it's long distance, and who knows how long they'll keep me on hold. :huh:

Has anyone had either of these problems and resolved them satisfactorily?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:24 PM

best to just replace them both, the time you're spending on calling and waiting for an answer, and plus the shipping and charges they'll add to send you replacement pen and fix the pad would be more than buying a new one.

#3 Dialer

Dialer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:47 PM

Yep, you're probably right, although it's a Graphire that cost me a pretty penny, even though I bought it from a reseller less expensively than Wacom was charging. I might just start with replacing the pen and see how that goes. Have made an interesting discovery that if I put a piece of mylar or acetate over the pad, it still works pretty well. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your input, Robert.

Edited by Dialer, 18 November 2007 - 10:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users