Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vundo Trojan And Efedc.dll File

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brent1202

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:39 PM

Hello, first post newbie here. I have VUNDO and cant fix it. I have done lots of searching and try multiple things but cant get it to go away. I think the file "efedc.dll" is the problem and I cant get rid of it either. This problem started a couple days ago when some how the security toolbar 7.1 showed up. I can get it to go away, but it keeps coming back as well. Lots of pop-ups. Any help will be much appreciated. Brent

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 17 November 2007 - 01:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:50 PM

Welcome to BC
First you need to read this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
When you're done with taht you want to post it in the HJT forum. It's a little ways further down the main page. The HJT team is pretty busy, so it might take a while to get to you. Don't get discouraged and good luck
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,743 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:09 PM

Did you follow the the instructions for using Vundofix in BC's self-help tutorial: "How To Remove Vundo/Winfixer Infection"? If not, do so.

Some variants of vundo may not be detected by VundoFix so the "Add More Files" option is another way of ridding this malware. These files need to be identified and posting a hijackthis log will enable an expert to advise you which files to add if you continue to have problems. If the infection remains after using VundoFix, then you should post a hijackthis log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users