Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linksys Wireless Card Wmp54gs Won't Uninstall

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 beast103

beast103

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:32 PM

The wireless card stopped working so I was told to uninstall it and reinstall it.

If I try to uninstall (from either the Linksys menu or the Add/Remove Programs) I get: one of the drivers is missing and t cant be uninstalled.

If I try to reinstall, I get:
"The driver has already been installed. If you want to replace this driver, you must uninstall the old driver."

I removed the entire Linksys folder under Program Files,
I Uninstalled the Linksys card under the Device Manager,
and I physically removed the card from the machine.

Same situation as above.

Linksys tech support said if I couldn't uninstall there's nothing further they could help me with.

Any ideas on how to completely "clean up" all the Linksys stuff off the machine?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:45 PM

Try using Windows Installer cleanup utility Also try uninstalling and reinstalling in safemode
Mark
1 uninstall
2 cleanup utility
3 reinstall
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 beast103

beast103
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:32 PM

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling in safe mode. It did not work. As for the windows cleanup utility. It only cleans up windows applications I cant see the linksys application on the program. Please help.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:54 PM

Well...generally, devices are removed via Device Manager, not Add/Remove Programs.

If that doesn't do the trick, I would either just disable the device in the BIOS (onboard NIC) or physically remove it from the PCI slot (actual NIC PCI card).

Louis

#5 beast103

beast103
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:00 PM

Device Manager didint work. Can you tell me how to disable in bios or remove it from the PCI slot.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:58 PM

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling in safe mode. It did not work. As for the windows cleanup utility. It only cleans up windows applications I cant see the linksys application on the program. Please help.

That's not the case. You need to read it more carefully
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#7 beast103

beast103
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:28 PM

ive got even a bigger problem now :thumbsup:. Now my usb ports are messed up and devices arent being recognized is there anyway to fix this problem before i try and fix the linksys problem. PLEASEEE

#8 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:59 PM

looking at your posts from last year, what's happened since then?

sounds like your computer is going to need to some heavy duty repair operations or a complete clean reinstall?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#9 beast103

beast103
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:22 PM

I have bought a new computer since then. It is a E Machine. How do I fix the USB problem. Can someone please help.

#10 beast103

beast103
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

I tried deleting all the USB drivers and then rebooting. My comp automatically reinstalls them on the reboot but it still hasnt solved my problem. PLEASE HELPP :inlove: :flowers: :trumpet: :cool: :thumbsup:

Edited by beast103, 17 November 2007 - 06:31 PM.

#11 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:08 PM

you might have overloaded the usb power bus, unplug most of them while shut down
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#12 beast103

beast103
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

I just talked to E machines for 4 hours. They said I have to do a full restore. Unfortunately I dont have the CD's. Do you know a site where I can download them.

#13 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:47 AM

AFAIK, you can order them from eMachines for a small fee.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#14 beast103

beast103
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:49 PM

I checked on there site and couldn't find where I could order them. The E Machines Tech never told me where to order them either. Could you please tell me where.

#15 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:11 PM

I checked on there site and couldn't find where I could order them. The E Machines Tech never told me where to order them either. Could you please tell me where.

From their website:

"Restore CDs
For replacement Restore CDs contact one of our Customer Care representatives by phone or online chat."
http://www.e4me.com/support/upgrades.html
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users