Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Wont Start And Bleeps

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TARFC

TARFC

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:02 AM

FANS ARE RUNNING, GREEN LIGHT ON AND ALL I GET IS A BLEEP EVERY 3 SECONDS, HAD A BLUE SCREEN PREVIOUSLY BUT EVERYTHING CRASHED BEFORE i TOOK IN THE INFO. MIGHT HAVE REFFERED TO A PAGING ERROR AND SOMETHING ABOUT SVCHOST.EXE

I,M THINKING TERMINAL BUT MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS COME ACROSS THIS BEFORE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:20 AM

When the system beeps, it is the motherboard informing you of an error. You need to figure out what motherboard that you have, and look up the error codes either in your manual, or find the manual online. My feeling though is that the errors indicate a hard drive failure. Hard to say though.

Is something wrong with your keyboard also? it appears that the caps-lock is stuck on. You might want to try a different keyboard and see if that helps, otherwise people will think you are yelling at them.

#3 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:39 AM

Hi,, take a quick look at this site it explanes some of the beeps on types of mobo's
http://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/bootprob2.html
good luck,,,,,,figgis
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#4 TARFC

TARFC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:49 AM

apologies for the caps, thanks for the assist