Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Doesn't Work!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scotslass

Scotslass

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:57 AM

Don't really know how this happened, but we were busy deleting a load of unwanted junk that had been clogging up our PC. Tried to access Internet, and couldn't. We then re installed Internet Explorer, and it still doesn't work! It says that we have an error in connection and it is giving an error number. Can anyone help me PLEASE!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:57 AM

hi,, you may have changed some of the settings on hoe you connect to the intenet,, open IE click on tools then internet options then connections tab & take a look at the settings,,,,, also can you open your email account,,, if you can then its prob the settings on IE,,, in your next post put the error code in so we can take a look,, you can also google the error code and see what that says also have you ever given any thought to using a differant web browser,,, give Firefox a try is alot better than IE i have found.
good luck,,,,,,,figgis
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 Scotslass

Scotslass
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for the info! I Googled the Error Code (769) and managed to get Microsoft answers_5. This page talked me through a procedure to repair my connection. I followed it step-by-step, and unfortunately I still have a problem. It says I may have a problem with LAN settings, and gives the two diagnoses when I try to connect either I specified a destination that is not valid or remote server is down, and also the specific destination is not reachable.
I have an ADSL connection cable in my home which can be used with this laptop or the PC which is giving me problems. I'm not that informed when it comes to technical problems. I don't really get what's wrong if the ADSL cable connection is functioning as normal with laptops and not the PC.
Where am I going wrong? Is there something that I'm not doing right? I used a disk to re-install IE, and was pretty sure I'd followed the "Wizard's" instructions to the letter. Can you see where I'm going wrong?!! :thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users