Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pooler

pooler

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:30 AM

I have downloaded IE7. 7.0.5730.11. More often than not....no matter where I go....I loose control of my mouse, can not click on hyperlinks and get them to open. Right mouse functions dont work. Sometime when i click on link..the mouse freezes....and i have to manually force a powerdown with the power button. Total lose of mouse control. I have been googleing this....and appears the IS a problem with IE7 freezing..but have been unsuccessfull in figuring out how to fix it. Need your help......I assume there's a patch/fix. Or should I just go back to an IE6 version.....never had this problem till i installed ie7. appreciate any help....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 webwizard

webwizard

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:54 AM

ok I ask a silly question.. have you tried going to Tools>Windows Update to see if there are any patches or packs for IE7, alternatively going to the MS website for IE7 for updates?

or would you be interested in trying an alternative browser for example Firefox that does not suffer the endless problems that IE7 have (unfortunate but true). no need to uninstall IE7, you can keep it and try alternatives if you have ongoing difficulties with IE7

However, go ahead and look for updates, but you could also try running your antivirus software to see if it is a bug.

What I have suggested is just a starting point to investigating your issues as I don't know what you have already tried to fix this issue...

Edited by webwizard, 17 November 2007 - 05:58 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:03 AM

Well...that's unusual, I think...and I think you are wrong in your assumptions about casue/effect.

Take a look in Event Viewer for errors that might more readily explain what's going on, What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

And how are you fixed for malware defenses and current updates of Windows and all malware-defense programs?

Louis

#4 webwizard

webwizard

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:30 PM

hi pooler, you get your issue sorted?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users