Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Paul-uk

Paul-uk

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:50 AM

Hi,

Recently when I start up I get the 'options' screen IE. start in safe mode, last known good etc etc.

Why is this? I select 'last known good' and everything works fine.

This happens all the time but has only started recently.

Windows XP sp 2 Media edition.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 webwizard

webwizard

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:41 AM

Have you tried Start>Run type msconfig and check your startup settings, if you are running multiple platforms select the one you are having the issue with

#3 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:03 AM

Same problem and some suggestions:

http://help.lockergnome.com/general/Dell-L...opict51854.html

Bootsafe download:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/BootSafe_d4904.html

#4 webwizard

webwizard

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:18 PM

Hi paul-uk, did you get a resolution to your issue?

#5 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:25 PM

A quick note about BootSafe. Use it and love it because my system is weird to get into safe mode, and my fingers aren't fast enough. Anyhow, when using BootSafe, you also want to use it to boot back into windows normally. If you just restart from the start menu you could just loop back into Safe Mode and/or your desktop icons will rearrange themselves.

* Download BootSafe and save it to your Desktop (or any location of your choice)
* Double click the BootSafe icon to start the program
* Select which Safe Mode you wish to boot - Minimal, Networking (typical), or Repair
* Click the Reboot button
* Once you have booted into Safe Mode, you can perform any actions needed, such as scanning for viruses, spyware, adware, malware or repairing a system component
* When you have completed your tasks, simply run BootSafe again and select the Normal Restart option and click the Reboot button and your computer will reboot in Normal Mode

http://www.superadblocker.com/bootsafe.html

Edited by mommabear, 29 November 2007 - 06:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users