Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Heya

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Xellena

Xellena

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:12 AM

Well what can I say, after weeks...okay months of letting a "friend" use my pc I find myself having to look for help from others. Normally I can fumble my way through and fix whatever issue I may be having..and when that hasn't worked I have found FDisk to be my dear friend. I love computers and love hashing through problems that may arise. Up until now I have done okay...As you will see in my further posts in the appropriate forums, I am at this time LOST lol. I am very inquisitive by nature (I was always the child taking things apart to see how they worked and why) and hope my constant questions don't annoy too much =) Am currently reading the tutorial and hoping to have everything ready to hijack soon =) :thumbsup:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:10 AM

Hi Xellena, welcome to Bleeping Computer! :flowers:

Loved your intro, probably because it reminds me of myself. As a child, I used to take old watches apart, mix up the parts, and see what happened. :thumbsup: But when I got older, I decided not to become a brain surgeon or to ever open my computer case. Two of my most important rules in life have served me well: Never let anyone else use my computer or drive my car.

Don't worry about your constant questions. The folks here are smart, knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. I haven't been here long myself, and I'm rapidly becoming addicted. So ask away!

#3 Xellena

Xellena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:27 PM

hahahah Dialer I see you have also learned about car repairs the hard way! lol ...Thanks for the welcome!
Posted Image

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:31 PM

IT is always easier to fix problems that you yourself caused than it is to fix problems caused by others who had used, or ab-used, your computer. I am confident that our Members can help you.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Xellena

Xellena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:13 PM

Aint that the truth! I swear the only time my pc's get buggered is when I let someone else use them. And people don't understand why I tell them HELL no when they ask to use my new laptop lol.

Enjoying this site so far, look forward to getting to know more members =)
Posted Image

#6 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:43 PM

:flowers: Glad to have you here Xellena and know that you should be able to get what ever questions answered. As for letting anyone else use you new laptop, well I've threatened everyone that if they want to use my computer it will cost them a finger per session!! They're not to thrilled with the price!! :thumbsup:

Again, Welcome to BC,
Iodine
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users