Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Systemworks 2006 And Outpost Firewall

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KMF

KMF

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

I have Norton Systemworks 2006. I am using Outpost Firewall (free version) complements of link from BC (thank you very much :trumpet: ) I originally used Sygate Personal from BC but found it too confusing, so BC suggested Outpost. Norton now continually shows me under threat because it says Sygate has been disabled.

I'm not having any problems except that I have that big "X" in a giant red circle sitting on my task bar continually and it's really rather annoying. :flowers: Is there any way to get Norton to recognize Outpost as the firewall so it will give me my little green check mark back?

Thanks much for everything. You guys are the BEST!!!!! :thumbsup:

KMF

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KMF

KMF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:41 AM

Working now. Have updated Norton, reloaded Outpost and it's "meshing". New updates to Outpost software helped...I can see now what's blocked and what isn't and move things around!!! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users