Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank Dvd Recognition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Davey7

Davey7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:17 PM

When I put a blank DVD in my burner, in my computer, the DVD writer is showing 0 capacity available.
When I try to write to the DVD with Nero or xp I receive a message saying not enough capacity to write to disk.
I have tried numerous blank DVD's all with the same result.
The thing worked ok yesterday.

I can play DVD's on it.
It recognises blank CD's ok.

I am running XP SP2

DVD writer is a Pioneer DVR-107D

Can anyone help or seen this before.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:59 PM

What version of Nero?

Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling Nero?

What brand disks are you using?

Louis

#3 Davey7

Davey7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:29 AM

I am using nero7 and imation disks.
Have also tried Tevion DVD rw's with same result.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:10 AM

Hmmm...the only thing I can think of is that you might not be switching in Nero...from recording on CD to recording on DVD. You know, that place at the beginning before you determine what type of disk (music, data, etc.) you are trying to make.

Then again, it could be something that's corrupt in Nero 7, so I suggest the old uninstall/reinstall routine...after running chkdsk on the C: partition (follow the instructions below).

How To Run CHKDSK In XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q315265

You will get the message stating that chkdsk will be run on the next boot, etc. Acknowledge, reboot, and let it run.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users