Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gshaver2006

gshaver2006

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:19 PM

Hello All!

I have recently run into a problem. :trumpet: Every time I exit Windows Explorer, a box pops up and tells me that Windows Explorer needs to close. I click Continue, then another box pops up, says almost the same thing, so I click Continue, and my entire desktop disappears, all programs shut down, then my desktop comes back. I have now lost everything I was working on.

However. If I click on Continue then quickly click on any open window before it shuts down the desktop, I keep all programs running, and I do not lose any work(s) in progress. :thumbsup:

I searched for what might be causing this problem at the Windows update, and the closest one talked about a Nimda virus that can cause this.

My dad is a software programmer, and he went to work on it, but came up empty handed. I downloaded a FixNimda.exe file from Symantec, but it said it could not find the Nimda either version A or B. I do see the csrss.exe file running in my process list, but I can not stop it, since Windows says it is a critical system process. :flowers:

Any tips?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:29 PM

Do the steps that are described here, and see if the problem has stopped.
If you cannot perform some of the steps, just skip them.
Then post a HijackThis log (it's also described in upper link - step number 9) in HijackThis logs and Malware removal forum, asking to get help with diagnosing your log.
A HijackThis Team member will check if there are any infections on your system and, if needed, help you clean your computer of a possible malware attack.
That's the first thing you can do. :thumbsup:

Edited by lost_case, 16 November 2007 - 05:31 PM.

People live to learn, and learn to live...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users