Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet Connection On Just One Computer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lauren_Marie

Lauren_Marie

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:54 PM

All my other computers on my router, are able to connect to the internet but the one in question.

It reads that I HAVE an internet connection (it says its sending and recieving data) but i cannt access the internet through firefox or IE, not even to update definition files for XoftSpy or Adaware or connect to MSN or AIM

I had someone here look at my files to see maybe i had a virus and I dont. I do not know what the problem is.

HELP!

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum and added a topic descriptor. ~ Animal

Edited by Lauren_Marie, 16 November 2007 - 08:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lauren_Marie

Lauren_Marie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:21 AM

Update: I decided to uninstall Firefox, assuming maybe everything wastrying to access the internet via that and that was my problem. I restarted. Now IE doesnt work anymore either.

PLease help.

#3 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:03 AM

The first things I try are

1. system restore to a time before the problem started
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...temrestore.mspx

2. chkdsk /f on the run button
http://computercleanup.blogspot.com/2006/1...for-errors.html

3. winsock program
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4372.html

keep and use firefox browser
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

#4 Lauren_Marie

Lauren_Marie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:51 PM

I did all that, nothing is working.
I cant download winsock, the computer there doesnt have inernet
and I cant re download firefox until my internet is back up.

#5 Lauren_Marie

Lauren_Marie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

To add, cannot ping any website, including my own IP.
Get an error code 65.

But I can see other comptuers on my network.

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:21 PM

try this first on the computer that you can't connect on: ping 127.0.0.1, and see if all four packets get through. Let us know your results please.

if you get a successful return, click start, run, and type in netsh winsock reset, and then click ok. you will then need to restart the computer. then click on the network icon in the system tray, and give us the IP address.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#7 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:28 PM

First of all - Turn off all the computers on the new work, Unplug the power from the modem and routers wait 2 min
then plug them back in wait another 2 min and start the computers up. Make sure the cables for the ineternet are connected to the computer in question make sure it didnt come out. then try the internet again.

If that does not work do the following:

use a disk or flash drive and download it onto the computer you are posting on here with.
then move that disk or flash drive to the other computer so you can use the program.

Try cleaning your Temp files cookies and Cache and do a disk clean up on top of the other things said by zbd.
then restart reinstall firefox and try it out.

#8 ottawa_peggy

ottawa_peggy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:06 AM

I am having the same problem but the computer that can't connect to the network is my laptop. The computer with the router and another desktop are both connected but all of a sudden for no reason I can tell, the laptop stopped connecting. The signal is strong. I've tried all the fixes suggested to the other person with this problem. But it's not helping. It must be a problem with the laptop itself but I haven't changed any settings and the wireless is enabled on it.
Any ideas?
Thanks

#9 ottawa_peggy

ottawa_peggy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:02 AM

To oldf@rt - Thanks. I started a new topic for my issue. Hope I can get some help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users