Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixing Spool32.exe Error Causing Printer Malfunction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BadBlood

BadBlood

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

I have learned a fix that worked for me while experiencing printer problems in Vista and receiving a message that read something like (Spool32.exe not present) anyhow the fix came by going into regedit and making a change. Now don't take this lightly as changing anything in your registry can really mess up your machine. Make sure you save a version of it to a safe location before making this change. Now go to start button, then programs, then accessories, then command prompt. at prompt type REGEDIT and hit enter.. This should open up the windows Registry editor. once open export a version of it to a safe place or even onto a removable disk. and name it something like regedit safehold or something like that. actually doing a SYSTEM RESTORE POINT here would be a good idea.. now once thats done , just like My computer you need to find a folder called SPOOLER In the left Pane. so under EDIT Click FIND and type in SPOOLER and hit find next.
(otherwise open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler Ok Just about done... once in SPOOLER Directory look to right pane and find DEPEND ON SERVICE now see what it says under the DATA Heading If it says anything other than RPCSS then highlight it and change it to RPCSS you don't need to save this unless it asks. but as you've closed it up then reopen it again to see if it held the new command.

And thats it reboot system and see if your cookin, hope it works for you peoples

Later BB

Edited by BadBlood, 15 November 2007 - 10:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jondevon

jondevon

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

Now THESE are the kind of fixes that I like to see! I love little simple registry changes that make a huge problem go away! Although, it's too bad that I wasn't having this problem in the first place.........mrhrmmrhrm......... 'kinda makes me wish I was having this problem.

*bump*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users