Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comp. Won't Load. Keeps Restarting.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cyprus12

Cyprus12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:35 PM

Hey!

About 2 days ago I was up burning a dvd, and since that usually takes a while, I went to go take a nap.
When I came back, I found that my computer was restarting over and over again.

At first, it starts up normal, then procedes to a page telling me that Window's did not start up normall.

It gives me 5 options at that point, including: Starts Windows normally; Start Window's using last known Good Configuration; Safe Mode; Safe Mode with Command Prompt; and Safe Mode with Networking.

I've tried all 5, but they all lead to the same ending, which is... restarting (again.)

Help, anyone? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:56 AM

well, you may need to perform a XP Repair Install. is the dvd you were burning still in the drive, and what were you burning?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,372 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:47 AM

Can you start in Safe Mode? If so try this, go to My Computer, right click and click on Properties, click on the Advanced tab, click on Startup and Recovery, under System Failure uncheck Automatically Reboot, and reboot your computer and see what error message comes up.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:44 PM

well, since they can not get into: any Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, and Start Normally. the only option is to do a repair install.

"It gives me 5 options at that point, including: Starts Windows normally; Start Window's using last known Good Configuration; Safe Mode; Safe Mode with Command Prompt; and Safe Mode with Networking.
I've tried all 5, but they all lead to the same ending, which is... restarting (again.)"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users