Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Access 2k3, Relational Databases

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lunaz

lunaz

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

I haven't used access since I was in school in like 2001. We learned a little about it. That's all I remember...

I have this database with two tables with the following fields:

ID, LastName, FirstName, Address1, Address2, City, State, Zip... on & on.

The ID field in both tables are autonumber and are primary keys.

Each table is for a seperate church group, but some members belong to both groups; some belong to only one group.

I want a relationship where the records stay in sync if the member is in both groups.

Or if there's a better way alltogether let me know. :flowers: I"m use to storing info in notepad or on little sheets of paper. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

Add another record to the field to represent churchgroup 1, churchgroup 2, or both. You can then use one database for both, and keep the members in both syncronized with one update entry, as I understand your problem.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users