Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 Ibm Ram Upgrade.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:25 PM

Hello,

My old IBM A22P's motherboard finally blew out after about 8 or 9 years and I found this old IBM R30 Laying around. The only problem with the R30 is that it is incredible slow. So what I have done is I have removed the RAM from my old A22P (512MB) And removed the R30's RAM (256MB) And tried to put the 512MB of RAM in it. It seems to work at first, but when ever I start the R30 up, it sounds like its booting up for about 2-3 seconds than shuts down. Any suggestions?

NOTE: It is two ram chips combine BOTH to make the 512 and the 256
ADDITIONAL NOTE: The 512MB RAM chips are Kingstons
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:18 PM

I usually go directly to http://www.crucial.com and let it scan the computer. It will tell you whether that 512 stick is compatible.

There are a couple of different A22P's listed, so you also need the model number in order to get the correct info. The one I looked at said it could not hold more than a 256MB chip, so I must have been looking at thwe wrong one.

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users