Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Deleting Winrzf32.dll

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 valaore

valaore

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:54 PM

I ended up with the Vundo trojan, and Norton didn't fix it. Downloaded and ran XoftSpySE, and it detected and (supposedly) deleted it, but the .dll is still on my computer. I'm in safe mode, trying to manually delete winrzf32.dll from my system32 file, but my pc keeps telling me that it's write-protected. I'm running Windows XP Media Center. Can someone please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

Use the Vundofix tool in the link below. Follow up with Super Antispyware.
http://vundofix.atribune.org/

Install Super Antispyware free. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Please let us know the results.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:50 AM

Winrzf32.dll is related to a dialer so you apparently had multiple infections. AVG AS should take care of it.

If your running Win 2000/XP/Vista (32-Bit/64-Bit), download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 in "Safe Mode".
(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed and updated with a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware.)
Be sure to print out and follow the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions.
(Important! Vista Users should download, save directly to the Desktop and install from that same location to avoid problems from UAC)
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 valaore

valaore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:32 PM

AVG didn't work, at all. It pulled a few things off, but the root of the problem, winrzf32.dll is still there. Right now I'm working on the other suggestion. I'm starting to get really frustrated with this... :-P

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:38 PM

Odd. I've seen AVG remove this repeatedly without problem. Can you post the log report?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users