Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigo

bigo

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:23 AM

you helped me before with malware problems and solved it by asking me to make a system scan and send the results. I seem to have picked up some more of that stuff: I'll Google and get a page which is only remotely connected to my question and has sexual content. Can you please help me again? Thanks. Bigo

Edited by rigel, 15 November 2007 - 12:44 PM.
topic moved to a more appropriate forum ~ rigel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:52 PM

Your first option is to thoroughly scan your hard drive with your resident Anti-virus, and with whatever anti-spyware applications you have on your computer.
If these scans come up with nothing, then you may submit a HJT log to our volunteer Team of experts for analysis and guidance in removing the malware. Please carefully read the HJT Guide before posting a log:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:04 PM

Do your scans in "Safe Mode" while logged into the "Administrator Account" or an "account with administrator privileges".

Many malware programs can be uninstalled by using Add/Remove Programs so check there. Click on Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs uninstall questionable programs by highlighting them and selecting Remove.

Also try performing an Online Virus Scan.

If any bad files are detected but cannot be removed, please provide the specific file name and where its located at on your system.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 bigo

bigo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:28 AM

Hi upspiral or jgweed: I did the following: 1. Restored the system to a prior date 2-ran all my spyware and virus programs (I use McAfee)...no problems . 3.Checked through for unwanted software (none there)-Your advised starting in safe mode (F8) Won't go into that mode. I have Windows XP Home with Sp2. When I had malware problems in May, the advisor told me to run Hijackthis and send the logfile. On the basis of that print-out I was told to delete certain items and that did the trick. Should I try that again? Thanks much for possible help. Bigo

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:46 PM

I have moved your Hijackthis log to the Misplaced HJT Logs forum. You posted your log in a forum not intended for these logs analysis and probably missed the directions we provide to those who require assistance.

Your log can be found here.

Please follow all directions that I posted as a reply to your log. Following these instructions will ensure that your hijackthis log is properly posted so it can be reviewed in a timely manner.

If you have any questions please respond in that thread. To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users