Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Disable Alt+tab In Xp Using Registry?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hizuka007

hizuka007

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:02 AM

Hello All!

Does anyone here knows how to disable the Alt+Tab function in Winxp? Because i want to apply it to my desktop locker...
I dont have any problems regarding on Windows Key on keyboard bcause i plan to kill Explorer.exe whenever my desktop locker runs so that the desktop, including the taskbar, will disappear.

tnx!

Edited by hizuka007, 15 November 2007 - 08:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:15 AM

I read that you can do this by editing the registry at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
Name: Coolswitch
Type: REG_SZ
Value: 1 enable switching
Value: 0 disable switching

Please note that I have not tested this so backup your registry before trying it. Let us know if it works.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 hizuka007

hizuka007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:57 PM

i've also read that, but i am not sure if it works on service pack. but i will try it tommorow... thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users