Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Performing A Clean Install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Larkin600

Larkin600

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:10 PM

If I can explain exactly what I'm talking about so please bear with me. I have zeroed out my hard drive. In other words I've written zeros throughout the hard drive every where there was any information. Now that I'm ready to perform a clean install I believe in the advance options it will recognize my hard drive as being NEW. At this point could I simply begin installing Vista OS or do I still have to reformat my hard drive even though its been wiped clean or zeroed out. The reason I asked is because the last time I remember doing this Vista's program did reconized my hard drive as being new but I didn't know whether to go ahead an install the OS or what. If someone could please help me with this and thank you in advance for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:41 AM

Did you read this tutorial?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79852/how-to-perform-a-clean-vista-install-using-a-vista-upgrade-product-key/

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:54 AM

If you have a full version DVD rather than an upgrade version, just put the Windows DVD into your drive, turn off the computer and reboot to the DVD. You will have to access the BIOS boot screen to do this....check with your computer manufacturer's documentation.

Vista will then load some files and you'll get the welcome screen. When you install you will be given an option of where to install Windows and it should create and format the partition for you.

Have fun. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users