Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Taskbar And Desktop Icons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 vision2000

vision2000

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

After downloading some software, my laptop has been infected with some serious virus; now when I login to my computer, the taskbar flashes for a split second before it disappears. Also there is no icon showing on my desktop; all I see is the blank windows background. I have to start any application from the taskmanager's file/new task menu option. Please help. I tried to run regcure but it didn't help.
Please help!!!

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 14 November 2007 - 10:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:09 PM

vision2000,
I moved the HijackThis log, that you had posted to the wrong forum, to the Misplaced HJT Logs forum.
Here's the link:
Cannot Start Taskbar And Desktop

Please follow all directions, that I posted as a reply to that topic.

Since you have posted an HJT log, I'm going to close this topic.
From this point on, the HijackThis Team are the only members you should take advice from, until your log has been declared clean.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users