Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Complicated Laptop And Drivers?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JzN

JzN

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

hi,
im using a sony vaio laptop , VGN-SZ12c/b.
using intel T1300 (1.66ghz) processor.

i've been trying to get the sound drivers for this laptop for ages (1 yr) and gave up until now.
instead of using my limited knowledge, i'll use yours ^^

can anyone help me in finding the drivers for this stupid laptop or tell me how to tell what mobo it is so i can specifically search for the mobo drivers.

btw, if your going to "try" to find the sound drivers for this laptop, i can already tell you on the sony vaio website doesnt have this make of laptop,
A. bcoz it's too old ?
B. its not a europe make, its an asian vaio

i was wondering if its able to use an universal sound driver?

also just for reference, i thought i downloaded the right sound drivers for this make, but when it installs, it says its the wrong OS. although all the other drivers i d.l from the same page were the correct drivers for this specific make of laptop.

only other thing i can think of which might be the problem is that, i had the asian XP(from china) installed and the sound worked, but i formatted and used the xp i got in aus, and after that, sound no work =[. also, yes im aware that sony vaio, comes with recovery cd's but thats long gone .... just don't ask. and i can't find an .iso of the recovery cd on the net to d.l.

Trust me guys i tried alot, see if you can find it or tell me how to find out the mobo make!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:32 PM

PC Wizard can show you what sound chipset it uses.

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:12 AM

I take it you don't have the original install/restore disks for this machine ;). Is there a COA sticker on the bottom of the notebook? This should tell you what version of XP your machine came with orignally. But the previous post and link will be helpfull to identify the actual mobo.

Just out of interest you stated that the model of your notebook is a "Sony Vaio VGN-SZ120c/b", was that a typo as the model I can find is a "Sony Vaio VGN-SZ120P/B"?

This link and possibly this might help?

Edited by FireKracker, 15 November 2007 - 08:25 AM.

If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:46 PM

PCWizard was suggested. Another one for consideration is SIW Very thorough
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 JzN

JzN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

Just out of interest you stated that the model of your notebook is a "Sony Vaio VGN-SZ120c/b", was that a typo as the model I can find is a "Sony Vaio VGN-SZ120P/B"?

This link and possibly this might help?

nah it wasn't a typo it's definitely VGN-SZ120c/b.
but i'll try the p/b drivers, never know unless i try.

also im gonna try this pcwizard. i'll get back to you on how it goes ^^

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:20 AM

Sony's have different model numbers depending on where you look for the number. Most often the number is on the case in the lower right corner of the LCD screen case. It also depends on where the computer was purchased - since Sony won't list the models purchased outside of the country website that you're visiting.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users