Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Configure Canon Mp510 (installed For Vista) For Linux

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:22 PM

:thumbsup:
Hi

Linux recognises my Canon MP510 Printer, which was bought for Windows Vista. Ths Canon software is excellent but obviously I can only properly access it in windows reboot.

Although Linux picks it up, I'm unable to print now - It did print before (how I don't know) but no matter how I changed the settings, the print font size came out tiny.

When I'm in openoffice, clicking on the print option firstly freezes the screen, then goes blank then optio to wait or force quit.

I must not have configured whatever I am supposed to configure correctly.

I see this error most times:
Ready: Unable to start filter "pstocanonij" - No such file or directory.

also see printer with this cupsys somewhere in the name. What is the gnome cups ?

I need this printer to work as I use linux so much and only have to boot to windows to use the printer and software.

Help!
Cheers

Nat :flowers:

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users