Position Description. The Research Associate will work within the Core Technologies Group within the research branch of the company. This group is responsible for:
• Reverse-engineering spyware applications to understand how they work, what information they transmit outside the computer, and how to address anti-removal technologies.
• Building automated research infrastructure. We are building towards a totally virtualized (VMs holding infected machine states), automated testing environment where experiments can be defined in a scripting language and carried out without human guidance. Picking up this effort will be an important early goal.
• Building data acquisition tools and backend data analysis systems. Our product sends data from infected machines to a central database. It is important to refine the collection process to catch everything of interest, and to enhance data analysis on the server side to extract maximal value from the huge amount of data contained therein.
• Extending the engine core. The engine needs to respond to new spyware technologies as they occur.
• Research writing. We are building a library of white papers which describe sophisticated spyware techniques, our responses to them, and our broader technology initiatives. There is also significant opportunity for patent work in this area.
The position is in Boston
Please send pm or email me with any relevant information.
Edited by silverqq, 18 February 2005 - 01:46 PM.