Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pci-e 2.0 For 8800gt Ssc?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cloud_0894

Cloud_0894

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:28 PM

Hi, i was thinking about getting a EVGA 8800GT SSC, since the price is good for the performance.
It said that it uses PCI-E 2.0 and I was wondering if it is backward compatible with regular PCI-E?
Also, i have a Asus A8N-32 Deluxe, and I was wondering if that had PCI=E 2.0
although i'm sure it doesn't since it is kind of old...

Anyways, thanks in advance for responses!

P.S on a side note, what other graphic cards are recommended that are about the 8800 GT level and about the same price?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

well, if you post the page for the video card in question and your motherboard make and model, we can help.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:09 AM

PCI-E2 has twice the bandwidth of PCI-E but the graphics card should work, it just won't be as fast as the 2. It looks like the Asus motherboard only has the PCI X 16.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Cloud_0894

Cloud_0894
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:27 AM

well the model of the graphic card is as stated above and the page for it is http://evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=512-P3-N806-A1
My make of my motherboard is also state above, it is an Asus brand, model A8N-32 SLI Deluxe.
And I was just wondering if my mother board is compataible with the card.

Thanks again

#5 Robert Isbell

Robert Isbell

• Banned
  • 428 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:04 PM

it should work fine in your board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users