Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Message In Vista

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fuzze1892

fuzze1892

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:16 PM

I just installed a new copy of windows vista premium for home use, and like it except for the security settings. I get a SECURITY WARNING each time I open my browser and must clink on home to close message. I also get a "Current Security Settings" message bar each time I open a new window. JEEZ!! The default settings won't allow any website or allow you to download any content. I have spent several hours trying to defeat these message popups with no success.

Is my desktop mine or does it still belong to Microsoft?

Of course it is secure. You can't do anything with it.

Help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:19 AM

I'm still pretty new to Vista, myself, but I agonized through a similar situation until I got my settings to a fairly acceptable state. Maybe I can help you, but we'll have to deal with specific instances rather than the general problem that you described.

Do you have the User Account Control on or off? When it's off, you'll almost always get a security warning and that little security shield icon in your systray. Clicking that will take you to the Security Center, which will give you a fairly specific idea of what Vista considers to be a problem.

**I think your desktop still belongs to MS. I'm very frustrated, myself, by the lack of control I have in Vista.**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users