Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Monitor On Vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jondevon

jondevon

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:43 PM

Hi there. I have a relatively simple issue here and was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same thing or if anyone had a fix for it. I recently downloaded a newer driver for my laptop's video card. It is an Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT. I got the video card driver off of a website called laptopvideo2go.com. The driver works fantastically, and I have no problems with it whatsoever. Although, I do have an issue with the Nvidia Monitor program. Before the driver update, the Nvidia Monitor worked as it should. And, since I have a Dell, I know that some of the monitors and sensors are not present in my machine. But AFTER the driver update, the Nvidia Monitor runs very, very slowly. About every minute the program will refresh, but it should refresh every second (or faster), like task manager.

It also gives me garbled CPU temperature readings (my CPU is 428 degrees Celsius!!!! :thumbsup: ) Overall, the program is simply not usable anymore and I do not know why. I do know that it only started acting like this after the driver update. I do not think that rolling back the driver is something I want to live with, because I like the features of the new driver, and the features outweigh the fact that one little program isn't working anymore. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? Has anyone had the same problem after an Nvidia driver update? I wasn't sure if I should post this under the Audio/Video section, because it has to do with a program not working, not my A/V not working, but feel free to move this thread there if the need be, Admins. Any help is greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users