Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introducing Myself.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Sarge

The Sarge

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:59 AM

I came across this site searching for help. I see from the posts that there is help in removing a virus without paying a tech guy $80 to reinstall windows xp, and lose all of your valued files. I like most, use my computer to monitor bill pay and other stuff. I can live without it, but it makes life easier. But there are people out there who would attack the innocent with a virus and trojans, and make life harder and more expensive for us all.

I am not a computer wizz, but I had taken every precaution to prevent a virus, to no avail.

So here I am. My friends call me Sarge (X-Marine Intel/Spec-ops). I am a father of 3 and a Civil Designer. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

I would rather donate to this site than pay a tech.
God Bless, The Sarge.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

Hello, The Sarge.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Here's a couple of tutorials, you might want to check out:
Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet
How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jokerism

jokerism

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:25 AM

Hi new here as you can see from my post count stumbled accross this place by accident and so far i am impressed by the knowledge to be gained keep up the good work guys

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:44 AM

No defence is absolutely foolproof, and there are infiltrators crafty enough to sneak through the best barriers of barbed wire and mine fields.
If you post about your problem in the "Am I Infected? Forum, our Members can begin the process of helping you.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users