Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2002 Url Message Links And Opera V9.24

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Super fly

Super fly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:31 AM

Does anyone have a solution for this?

If I have Opera closed when I click on a URL link within a message in Outlook 2002 (sp3) it immediately loads IE6 but IE6 does not display the link, just stays blank. Then (a millisecond later) Opera (v9.24) opens cleanly displaying the URL link perfectly. IE6 will stay open unless I close it but everything else is fine. Futhermore, if Opera is already open and I click on an Outlook email message URL link then IE6 does not open but Opera just displays the link.

I hasten to add that I've inputted the comandline code (recommeded by Opera) so if I click on any e-mail address within a web page it opens and composes in Outlook. Kinda working one way but not the other. I'm running XP sp2. Just about every forum or help seems to be for associating browsers to the e-mail client not the other way round. Bottomline I do not want IE6 opening at all....

Assistance, guidance please :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users