Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear Internet Port

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ltdave

ltdave

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:52 PM

i just recently set up my wireless. im using the netgear mimo WPN824 router...

after the computer 'goes to sleep' and then is refreshed i sometimes lose the internet port. i can go from the modem to the computer and its fine but i have to do the 'unplug this and then unplug that. shut everything down. plug it all back together and turn it all back on' routine to get the desktop to access the 'net thru the router...

i GUESS its working wirelessly without the 'port' light being ok but the laptop isnt in the same room as the router when i checked it last...

im wondering if the router managed to just barely pass inspection and should be replaced...

d

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:38 AM

I'm a bit confused about your setup..... Are you saying that your modem is between you router and your computer? :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users