Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Unresponsive Script

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sbruce

sbruce

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:13 PM

I get error message in Firefox A LOT: Unresponsive script.
Running version 2.0.0.9

FIXES I HAVE TRIED SO FAR:

1. Started Firefox in Firefox safe mode and disabled the extensions. No difference. ( I was prepared then to disable half by half to see if I located it, but seemed pointless when it didn't help after disabling them all.

2. Increased the value in the java script run time to 25 from 10. no difference, other than it takes longer to bring up the error message box- lol. I usually hit "stop script" after this and then we all continue until the next click on something. Takes forever.

3. I know there are issues about Adblock and there are references to doing something with the OBJ_TABS and ActiveX, but I sure haven't found anything that actually tells me how to do it. Also, I don't know that I even have Adblock. When I do a search for it on my computer, I don't come up with anything. So I haven't tried that fix.

ERROR MESSAGES ARE:

Here is just a partial list of error messages-

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/sty...ges/css_rte.css
Line: 276

not sure if this one above is at all relevant because there were lot that listed the bleeping site (before I mistakenly deleted the error messages) and I am not getting a script error on those pages.

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'margin-bottom'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/css/home/screen/framework.css
Line: 635

3. Warning: Unknown property '_height'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/css/home/screen/framework.css
Line: 751

4. Warning: Expected ',' or '{' but found 'html'. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
Source File: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/css/home/scre...mplateStyle.css
Line: 121

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method Location.toString

Hope you can help. Thanks, Susan

Edited by sbruce, 12 November 2007 - 09:58 PM.

XP Pro 2002, SP 2; HP Intell T2400 1.83 GHz
987 Mhz .099 GB RAM; MS Outlook; Anti virus: AVAST; LAVASOFT Ad-aware;
Firefox 2.0.0.9

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:21 PM

If you get the Unresponsive Script Warning on many different web pages, the problem is most likely a recently installed extension.
If uninstalling extensions doesn't fix the problem, try Creating a New Profile.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 sbruce

sbruce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:08 AM

It is really complicated to do a new profile--at least for me. It was one of the things I didn't try before posting because I got totally lost in the directions and I couldn't do it--and i didn't know that it was a likely cause. I will try again tomorrow, but I may need more direction. Thanks
XP Pro 2002, SP 2; HP Intell T2400 1.83 GHz
987 Mhz .099 GB RAM; MS Outlook; Anti virus: AVAST; LAVASOFT Ad-aware;
Firefox 2.0.0.9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users