Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Know I'm Infected, Don't Know With What Or How To Remove

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pasadie

pasadie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:35 PM

Hi,

I have a computer problem and don't know what to do. It scrolls really fast on my desktop and in any application I run. I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro notebook. I have AVG, Norton, McAfee, Webroot and security max software installed and none of them have found anything lately. When I run Norton internet security the scrolling and fast flashing for options doesn't occur after it runs. However, it does before so is difficult to "pick" anything due to the constant scrolling down or fast flashing between options for Next or Cancel (for example). I cannot delete anything or open items because of the fast scrolling as well without holding down the page up button and trying to "catch" it. I had a Trojan (not sure what it was) that was found at one point earlier this summer and when I tried to remove it, the computer wouldn't boot at all. I took it into Best Buy to be backed up because I thought maybe it was a memory error (last thing I saw before it crashed) or hard drive failure and when I got it back it started to work again. Didn't take long before the scrolling started again and now it is affecting the icons showing at times (the computer screen will blank out entirely and then slowly come back), doesn't allow programs in general to run properly (i.e. cannot do networking internally as a .dll file seems to be missing or not available) and don't even think of trying to do a restore of anykind. It also disconnects my wireless cconnection constantly.

I cannot remember how to get into this notebook for safemode to run any of the scans. All that has come up in anti-virus scans is a cookie that is harmless so I'm at a loss as to what is causing the fast scrolling. The scrolling occurs on the desktop as well as in any application I run. I'd like help to figure out what's causing this problem and get it removed. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,318 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:31 PM

Post a Hijack This Log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post a log in this forum. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users