Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Super Anti Spyware Quarrantine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:12 PM

I was browsing my computer trying to learn more about it and was looking at Super anti spyware. I went into quarrantine and found all my past infections in there. This surprised me a bit as i thought that it automatically deletes them from your computer.

If I were to click on the remove button does it simply remove them from the quarrantine or permantley delete the file? Im doubting that its the former as that would be a bit pointless but I thought maybe it was a safeguard against false positives, etc. Maybe the paranoia is just setting in but if someone could put my mind at ease. I dont want to be unwillingly releasing these horrors back onto my machine :thumbsup:

Thank you.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:56 PM

Files are quarantined in such a manner that they present no harm to your computer, but so that (say if they are "false-positives) they can be recovered if they are needed.

There are two options available in Managing Quarantined Items:

Restore a file to your hard drive in its original state.
Remove a file completely from your hard drive (i.e., "delete" it).

Best practices suggest that you leave newly found malware files in quarantine for a time, rather than immediately delete them.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:20 PM

Should you want to delete these items eventually....

Open SAS(right click the icon in system tray or from the Programs list).
Select Scan option
click Manage Quaratine
Highlight an item to delete
select Remove
click Close than Close again.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

Yeah. These files have been in there for a looong time. I thought they were deleted after you scanned the computer but it just moves them to quarrantine. So these files arent needed so they can be deleted. Thanks for clearing things up for me I just had it muddled in my head and needed someone to spelll it our for me (its been a long day at work ok! :thumbsup: )
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users