Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Truevector Service

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kyle m

kyle m

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:21 PM

TrueVector Service is using 60,000 KB of my 1 GB total system memory. I am pretty sure that this program is a trustworthy program, but am not sure if it is supposed to use this much system memory. Can someone please help me out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:37 PM

Do you by chance have an old version of Zone Alarm installed? If so, I would uninstall it and download the new version and update it. If you're not using ZA, and it's listed in Add/Remove Programs, uninstall it. If you are using ZA make sure XP's firewall is shut off
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:46 PM

Well...I found a number of entries indicating problems of one sort or another with this particular ZA service.

And I found a number of entries at the ZA forum that you might be interested in, http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/searc...=&board_id=

I don't use ZA.

Louis

#4 1101doc

1101doc

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:28 PM

I formerly used Zone Alarm, but problems with vsmon being a hog, and the way that the free version has slipped in the standings led me to change to Comodo: http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Works well, highest rating, no issues.

Edited by 1101doc, 12 November 2007 - 08:28 PM.

Neurons that fire together, wire together.
posted with Opera

#5 kyle m

kyle m
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

thank u very much garmanma. i reinstalled ZAISS and searched for updates and now TrueVector Service uses only 30,000 KB of my memory.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:51 AM

Glad it worked. I've had no problems with ZA although other people have. I suppose one day I might try a different one
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users