Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avg Free Installation Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skunu2

skunu2

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:00 PM

Today I downloaded a free version of avg anti virus and tried to install it but it said 'some files are corrupt pls download another copy and install".i downloaded 3/4 times but it didn't get install.I have installed comodo free version is it good?Please tell me how can i install avg or suggest me some free good anti virus.I was earlier using a vira but it is getting corrupted very often so wanted to change it.I am using windows xp pro as my OS and have 356mb ram.any help will be appreciated.Just forgot to say that when I was trying to install avg once it also displayed a msg like couldn't find file 7rsw.sys.

Edited by skunu2, 12 November 2007 - 12:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:51 PM

Follow AVG's RECOMMENDED BASIC AVG UNINSTALL / RE-INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS.
Then compare your downloaded & saved install file MD5 Hash Value to AVG 7.5 FREE DOWNLOAD FILE - MD5 Hash Value.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS LETS GET RADICAL AND DO A COMPLETE NEW INSTALL STEP BY STEP.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users