Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Call Of Duty 4

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:10 AM

I just got the game, and it is amazing! The first mission when your on the boat is insane when you have the graphics cranked up. What are everyones thoughts on this game? I'm almost liking it better then the Crysis demo, but that was just the demo.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:41 AM

Even though I have never seen it, I like it just like the first tree sequels. :thumbsup:
It's very realistic and interesting, the story is very good, and graphic is probably amazing. The look of the nature, and crushed buildings makes you think you are really in a World War 2...
People live to learn, and learn to live...

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:03 AM

With the exception of Call of Duty 3 (which wasn't made by Infinity Ward), the Call of Duty series is a pretty intense series. Call of Duty 4 felt almost exactly like Call of Duty 2, but that's not exactly a bad thing because the game was very intense and exciting. I'm looking into getting the PC version, but I can't run it with an amazing frame rate (with many graphics turned up, I get around 30fps which is a bit low when it goes up and down). However, I got a chance to rent the PS3 version and it's awesome. If you have a PS3 or 360, this game is at 60fps and almost never drops below.

I don't care as much for the SAS missions (except for closer to the end of the game) as much as I liked the American missions. The American missions felt more like the massive invasion and war while the SAS ones felt like a much smaller scale battle and more covert. I wont spoil the story, but I was rather sad when the American missions were done. I think they could have done some more with the American missions though like some other objectives for a new level or something... Oh well

I haven't had a chance to take it online as there appears to be a problem with the online with the PS3 version (I've heard the PC has this problem too? Apparently it was fixed on the 360 during it's multiplayer beta), but the singleplayer is awesome and sports a very good experience.

#4 big C.O.Z

big C.O.Z

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:34 PM

I think this game is very good indeed, found the single player mission very easy but when you take it to multiplayer (online) it's awsome :trumpet: loving every bit of it at the moment as im in a gaming squad which takes the fun up two more notches,and using TS aswell gives you the edge on the battlefield :flowers: i have never played any of the other C.O.D games and i wish i had but this gets full marks from me :thumbsup:

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:48 PM

I haven't played the first one, but I've played the second, third, and forth ones. I don't recommend the third one because it wasn't made by Infinity Ward, and therefore isn't that great of a game. It's literally yet another WWII shooter and it's storytelling isn't that great, I found it hard to really get into it.

However, the second and forth Call of Duty games are pretty awesome. I recommend playing with a good sound system because this game has a lot of sound effects.

#6 srtony8

srtony8

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:45 AM

BY FAR IN MY OPINION, The best game I have ever played. I love this game and can't stop playing IT! I have the PC Game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users