Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Popup In System Tray

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 benny_moto

benny_moto

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:29 AM

Hi. i have this flashing yellow triangle with exclamation mark in my system tray which pops up again and again. it says i have some spyware or virus and need to download the latest version of some program to fix it. How do i get rid of it my current virus and spyware software cant get rid of it. plz help!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:17 PM

Hi,

Please do not attach your logs, but copy and paste them in the thread instead.

First of all.. I notice from the log that there are running more than one different Anti-Virus programs with Auto-protect enabled. Avast and Norton (Symantec).
Never install more than one Antivirus and Firewall! Rather than giving you extra protection, it will decrease the reliability of it seriously!
The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, your system may lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same file at the same time.
Also because more than one Antivirus and Firewall installed are not compatible with eachother, it can cause system performance problems and a serious system slowdown.

So you have to make a decision here and keep the Antivirus you prefer and uninstall the other one.
Then reboot after uninstalling.

Then, * Download ComboFix from here.
**Save it to your desktop**

In case you have used Combofix before, please delete the version you are having and redownload it again, because Combofix is being updated everyday.

In case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix, please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again. Because some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.

* Doubleclick combofix.exe
Follow the prompts.
Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.
In case you see a sed.cfexe error with the option to send a report or not, choose "don't send".

When finished and after reboot (in case it rebooted), combofix will open again to gather the necessary information for the log. This may take a bit. When done, Combofix will close and a log should open, combofix.txt.
Post the contents of this log in your next reply together with a new hijackthislog.
Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt - unless I ask you to.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:56 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users